Review : Urban Decay | Gwen Stefani Eye Shadow Palette


Oh man! This palette made me hyperventilate each time I think about it, just simply because it's Gwen Stefani stamp all over it. I am a big fan of the band No Doubt I grew up listening to her, idolise her fashion sense back then and loving her red lipstick makeup style. So it was more than perfect to get this palette in honour of my favourite singer.


And Urban Decay and Gwen Stefani collaborated and come out with a debut eye shadow palette which looks so promising, even thou I love and adore Gwen Stefani I still have some expectation on the eye shadow, with a mix of different finishes and colour range who won't be? I love the fact that you can see some cool and warm tone and a splash of colours here and there, I somewhat figure this can fit most skin tones, I supposed.



I won’t lie and say that all is good with this palette, but I would say some are nothing amazing, some are little gritty and others are what to expect from Urban Decay eye shadow. So this palette was a down right hit and miss for me in terms of the finish and texture. But of course despite all that I give A+ for the packaging, which to me Urban Decay never fails on the packaging.

Let’s do a swatch fest!




I did a look with the shade 1987, Zone and Punk to create this look. This was so impromptu, so sorry for the messy eyebrows and, of course, do check out my Instagram.com/aishahmarion to check out my makeup look featuring this palette.


Overall I won’t say you should rush out of the door to buy it but for collectable sake, you might consider getting it, since I don’t think this collection will last very long. I do find that some of the shades like Pop the texture is a bit off and gritty even thou it swatch nicely, I supposed it's due to the shimmery finish but I don’t like the texture since I can actually feel it on my eye lid and shade Punk is a little chalky which makes blending a bit of a problem. The colour variation for the lighter shades are almost similar, I wish they were better variations but the crease or transition shade are surprisingly nice and suits the skin tone.

But despite that I still see hope in this palette with the pop of colour, I guess when you just need a little something on the eye there are shades like Harajuku and Danger to give that extra touch which most probably you will use it somehow. And lastly for me

Rating:
3 / 5

Comments

Popular Posts