Review + Swatch : Gerard Cosmetics Lipsticks


So finally get my hands on these lipsticks last month while going through my Instagram and chance upon a code which land me some discount and free worldwide shipping.

Grab total of 5 lipsticks but 2 extra are shade 1995 which was for my sisters and got myself 1995, Berry Smoothie and Rodeo Drive as usual the shade that I picked out is always within the same group of shade, somehow I am always attracted to this colour and it will only make sense if I buy shades that suit my skin tone better, right? of course.

Moving along......



The lipstick color for 1995 is the perfect nude for most skin tone, it has a matte finish and definitely creamy. But make sure your lips are not dry and chap coz the matte finish will emphasize the crack lips even thou it's creamy. This lipsticks is what I reach for when I can't decide what to pair with a heavy eye look or if I want to go for the neutral look both ways work best for me.

Shade Berry Smoothie is a pink mauve shade but more pink, it's opaque and satin finish or amplified finish. I think this is a little too pink for my skin tone but the finish of the lipstick is fine and it does not dry out my lips.

And lastly is Rodeo Drive, is a medium rosy pink shade and it's not matte but very creamy to the lips. This shade is opaque and looks good on the lips. I would say both Berry Smoothie and Rodeo Drive look almost the same shade when swatch and on the lips. I supposed if you have either one it should be fine since they both of the same shade.



Overall my thoughts for these lipsticks, they are pretty so-so to me. They do smell very chemically and the packaging looks a little cheap. In my opinion, the 1995 shade was worth the buy but not the other 2 shades just because the finish and application weren't any special. It seems that I find another drugstore lipsticks that have the same shade, but that being said 1995 is something that I would recommend you to get.

That being said I am not saying the product is negative but I think can be improved and I have yet to try other product from Gerard Cosmetics which I actually look for forward to.

If you want to buy them simply go to http://www.gerardcosmetics.com/shop.html and search for discount codes on Instagram which is a pretty sweet deal that entitled you to get FREE WORLD WIDE SHIPPING.

Comments

  1. Hi babe, thanks for the review.I would like to know if singpost charged you extra money after sending the package to you. Thanks (: I stumbled upon a youTuber who got charged extra money when the postman came to her door step. But she's not a Singaporean though. Hope to hear from you soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. And btw, how long did it take for you to receive your package xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Babe,
      Thanks for dropping by my blog.

      There were not extra shipping cost charge to me, but it took about 2-week plus for the parcel to reach me. I think if you order into Singapore it should not be a problem just as long as you use the Free Shipping code upon checkout.

      Hope this helps :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for your reply. Really appreciate it <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks For Your Comment

Popular Posts