10 hacks for Saving Money on Makeup in Singapore

I think a lot of you are waiting for this post since I made that announcement about doing this hack on my Instagram story if you have not followed me on Instagram please do @aishahmarion also, I post a lot of makeup and beauty stuff there.

The hacks that I am about to share with you is really something that you need to take note of when you are buying the different type of brands and knowing when you need to buy them, I think the timing is also a key importance in saving money when buying makeup and other beauty products.
My rules are simple never pay full price!

Number 1: Sephora - Sephora.sg 
I am so sure the whole entire world knows about Sephora point perks, the points that you accumulate to allow you to have 10% discount store wide or redeem for some product sampler of the month. But my advice is to keep the 10% discount (for every 300 points) coz you never know when you need it.

If you are a black card member, you know that black card member will get to access to their yearly sale first, you get to be invited to a lot of workshops, many more perks during birthday month as well. To save further do wait for their 20% sale which happens once or twice a year, good for you to stock up on essential products, this 20% sale is really a big deal so I do suggest you be strategic about it be it shopping online or in-store. Be sure to keep your wishlist ready all the time and wear comfy shoes when you go to Sephora stores, probably you will need to queue in the long line to the cashier too.

A wishlist is great during the sale period, so be prepared.


Number 2: MAC Cosmetics - www.maccosmetics.com.sg
Did I mention MAC stores does 20% discount or some other type of discount, some of you might not know this but usually when there has store opening, some product launches and events they do a close door discount sale, which I highly recommend that you guys sign up for the newsletter, do check with sales associates on this?

And if you are a makeup artist, bring your name card and apply a pro discount in-store and once approve you are seal with 20% discount all day every day.


Number 3: Beauty Bay - beautybay.com
Do you know I have been shopping on Beauty Bay for so many freaking years, way back when they first start shipping to Singapore? I would like to claimed that I was one of those pioneer batches from Singapore to discover the website and shop regularly from beautybay.com. I have seen this website grow from upgrading their website to the expansion of different brands they carry now. Their service are awesome too! So I have so much trust for BB and never once I have received bad service from them.

They are UK operated website, which is good for our currency at the moment. Their minimum order SGD27 can entitle you for free shipping (not that hard, right?) and this is just awesome ladies! If you are looking for Gerard Cosmetics, Jeffery Star, Makeup Geek, Anastasia Beverly Hills, Violet Voss, Milani, Cover FX, BH Cosmetics, LA Splash, Zoeva, Beauty Blender and more.

I do suggest you sign up for their newsletter and get an update to when the yearly sale of 20% discount on most items which you can watch out for. Based on my experience shipping usually, take about 10 working days to reach Singapore.

Thank me later for this ok.


Number 4: Cult Beauty - cultbeauty.co.uk
Another UK website that I loved to get my hands on indie makeup products that obviously not easily available in Singapore such as Jouer, Huda Beauty, Pixi by Petra, Sunday Riley, By Terry, Besame, Alpha H and more. To me, this is for more hardcore beauty junkie who knows what they are looking for.

I do recommend signing up for their newsletter as well, coz they do random free international shipping and discount codes. You don't want to miss it!


Number 5: Tarte Cosmetics - Tartecosmetics.com 
Ok, you guys know what is Tarte, so no intro required but do you know that Sephora Singapore does not carry the whole range of products they have, kinda sad right? But fret not, Tartecosmetics.com that ships to Singapore with minimum spending of $117, if this is too much for you don't worry, try googling for a discount code and get a friend to share the order with you. Makeup junkie unite!

And that's it, you can buy the Shape Tape concealer that has been hyping all over the internet. Pssst! they are an awesome concealer, please go and buy it!


Number 6: Shopping District - shopping-district.net
If you have not notice that the drugstore in Singapore is so much different compared to US and UK. Which is why some of the awesome drugstore products are not available in our local store. So to solve this gap, Shopping District brings in all these great products for you, they carry brands such as Milani, NYX, Lorac, Morphe, Maybelline, L'Oreal and more, but I notice they carry products that are raved by beauty gurus on YouTube. So there is another option for drugstore products and I love the fact that they don't overprice their items, in fact at a time their Maybelline foundation cost a lot cheaper than in our local stores. But the downside, you need to figure out the right shades and usually, their product goes out of stock really fast.


Number 7: iHerb - iherb.com
Here is the secret why I choose to buy Real Techniques sponges and brushes from iherb, they are relatively cheaper than the one you can find in the store and I am not kidding. They also carry Physician Formula, E.L.F and Eco Tools products. But if the shipping is not cheap or free but if you get a friend to share the order it can lessen the burden for your shipping.

Besides that iHerb carry a huge range of health supplement, I did make some comparison some products are cheaper than our local drugstore. So why not give it a shot.

iherb customer service is pretty good, orders are shipped promptly and easily trackable.

You can use my discount code for first time purchase. Use this code HAH453


Number 8: eBay - ebay.com.sg
eBay is probably the last resort I will go to when I really cannot find the products in the local store or online elsewhere. Believe it or not, eBay sells almost everything, back then before Shopping District or Coma Makeup sells US drugstore products. eBay was the place to go, there are so many sellers selling makeup products and willing to do worldwide shipping.

Especially like the products that are limited edition that the brand will never restock, I do suggest you search on eBay, be sure to find lots of unexpected stuff too. And importantly, there is always some sort of discount code you can use when you pay with your PayPal account especially.


Number 9: Carousell - sg.carousell.com/aishahmarion/
If you are super budget and also don't mind buying 2nd hand makeup such as powder product and unused lip products I suggest you find makeup products on Carousell. There is always an option to see the item yourself and buyers are mostly local. So easy to buy and negotiate on the price, good for bargain hunters.

But there is a downside to Carousell, you might face a scammer who is trying to cheat your money so do read their review before buying also don't get too excited when you see a super cheap kylie lip kit that is brand new, it is probably a fake one. I hate to say this but nobody should support fake or imitation product that is not tested and lied about their ingredients, it can also pose danger to your skin.

I suggest you only search and buy the original product even thou it's second hand and check for expiry also.

Number 10: Watson's or Guardian Sale
This is another one that I look forward to stock up on not just makeup products but also on skincare, body care, and hair care. During this sale, it can get overwhelmed but be careful before putting things in your shopping basket, make sure you check if items are on sale or not. If they are on sale they probably are about 20% discount or buy 2 get 1 free for L'Oreal, Maybelline, and Revlon. All this great discount is available in-store and online.

I also suggest you stock up on skincare, shampoos and body care. I do suggest you look out for brands such as Bioderma (my favorite), Garnier, L'Oreal skincare (are good too). When you are at the cashier be sure to collect your Membership points, these points are converted to $$ and you can use it for your next purchase. So you will never have to pay full price ever again, well at least that is what I would like to do. During the sale period, I do suggest you go to the Ngee Ann City outlet which is the biggest Watson's store.


So yeah, 10 hacks that I brought to you is totally not sponsored or paid to share with you, this is base on my own experience since becoming a beauty blogger years ago. My objective is to try as much as possible to never pay full price whenever possible.

So you are most welcome!

Comments

Popular Posts