i love my job, it's the work i hate!

Believe it or not but it’s 2 years I have stay with my current company and this is by far I think the longest ever job that I had. Honestly this is not my dream job and it’s not even close to it.

Here is the story on how I land myself this job……
2 years ago during the same time I was searching for a job that I can comfortably work and study at the same time, I was half way taking my diploma when I got this current job. Well I only apply for an Admin Asst position which does not requires a lot of commitment, but after 6 month down the road I find that my job was becoming more and more interesting as days go by and as usual I went to venture and knowing more of what have been install for me. Little did I know, I was hook and simply loving my job, yes I love my job! While working happily with the most wonderful manager above me, for once I was able to work with a woman peacefully without any bitching going around. Till one fine day she decided to drop the bomb on me, she made a private announcement that she will be leaving the company which means leaving me also and she said hopefully someone could replace her as soon as possible. OMG at that moment and for once I felt lost, so freaking lost coz at those time also I was losing someone else and I felt my world went a little bit wrong for me. Suddenly a mountain of weight has been piled on me in an instant, with the amount of labor that I had put in.

So the journey began more worst as time goes by I wasn’t the person I used to be, coz the pressure was coming so damn fast till at times I question myself what am I doing here and taking up all the crap?!. Till one fine day when I actually talk to a colleague about it and she comfort me by telling me to hold on and she said that when the right time comes all you need to do is leave coz by the time, everyone in the industry would want you. I don’t know what to believe when she told me that. The drama came one after another and at times I feel very lost, all I wanted was out and nothing else but some part of me insisting that I stay a little longer. So I learn how to face idiotic people around me, I became more aggressive, I shout, I argue, I became more diplomatic, I have more tolerance, I became more confident, I became hypocrite (yes, life sometimes is abit unfair but the kinda shit that force me to become like this only during work) and best of all I gain so much knowledge that is far beyond anyone here could ever done here in the company. The most proudest moment is when I successfully got my company an award. This award to all done by me and without any help from others. Yes, im gonna be arrogant abit by saying that, I did all by myself and no one bother to help and my management finally saw what I have became. And only realize that last month when they personally thank me for doing what I have done so far.

To be honest I am not being greedy but I feel that I have been taking advantage of and honestly speaking I just can’t wait to leave this place. The sole reason Im still here is becoz I need this job till next year, when everything else settle down then I will be more then ready to leave. To the extend I feel like writing my resignation in advance.

Well that is what it is…………… and im not angry or upset right now. But instead I feel better that I actually blog about it and now that I realize I have gain so much out of it. Soon this place will no longer a place for me and it’s time to move on but remain in the same industry.

Till the next entry………

Ciao ciao

p.s: Tomorrow 21st Apr 2010 marks my 2 years working here. It truly has been a big roller coaster that I somehow enjoyed.
p.s.s: sorry for the long entry

Comments

Popular Posts