Hatched! All Day Breakfast Place!

Hey Guys & Girls,

How was the weekend?? Mine was slightly longer than usual, took 2 day extra to run errants and whats not. During all the crazy time running around I and Marion manage to check out places as we go and places which are also sentimental to us. I foresee going to botanical garden often will be in our agenda and picnic there would be wonderful after the raining season is over thou.

So lets get it on to the place which I want to blog about.
Disclaimer: I was not paid and doing this out of my own free will coz some friends are already asking about it.

And I am sure you noticed my tweets about going to "Hatched" the other day, right? well we did went there! and obviously I was the one who are most delighted. Marion just follow basically where ever I go, the perks of having him as a boyfriend.

So we venture to a place near botanical garden which is at 26 Evans Road, Evans Lodge. The place has this rustic old school charm which obviously me and Marion liked. it wasn't difficult to find coz it was just next to Mr. Prata which was facing the main road. Parking was definitely available but since we had Mary (our 28 years old Vespa) with us parking wasn't an issue at all coz we parked on the pavement hahaha.

So the decor of the restaurant I would say simple and organic, which gives it a little cozy and old.

 So now you know what I mean by organic there kinda preserve the original decor of the place. I kinda like it.

The menu was a little quirky and they kinda have a mascot thingy on their menu design but the varieties of breakfast food was good variety and here's their website http://www.hatched.sg/
If you find it cute..... I actually feel its not I prefer food picture than this cartoon character unless they intent to do something about it. Maybe their advertising or marketing strategies but who knows anyway. I would say effort done here but again I still prefer those food picture better. Coz everyone had to check out the other table to find out how the food looks like coz we can't visualize the food.

So here is what we order from the Menu!
I ordered Papillote!

Marion ordered the Cowboy Burger
The food may take slightly longer to reach the tables but then it goes to say eggs are cooked fresh, I simply love Papillote of the smoked salmon, scramble eggs on toast with roasted potatoes and tomato. Maybe I am a fan of salmon that's why i choose this. 

  
Papillote & Cowboy Burger!
Verdict on both are GOOD but! .... the roasted potato was over done but everything else was good, love the eggs for Papillote which was a scramble eggs it was soft and fluffy and Cowboy Burger was more of a steak burger kind which was nice too with sauteed onions and mushrooms and the fried sunny side was cooked just right. The portion was good but I almost couldn't finish mine. And I love the roasted tomatoes too.
After having this two main dish we decided to try out the dessert and some how we went to choose "Chocolate Fondant" i regret it and wish we ordered the waffles instead.
My verdict on this wasn't so good coz maybe..... the top part of the cake was burnt and presentation wasn't good enough. But I think the chocolate batter was okay only think that the oven baking wasn't that good. And sadly the cake was on a saucer instead of a plate that was sad :(

But when I look at it overall I think it was worth the try and the fact that not many other restaurant serve the same kind of food it's a plus point for them and I also there's a few things that they could improve on like the quality of food and service (it was okay but can do better). The idea of having breakfast all day every day is a good idea coz for once I ever thought of that idea.

here's my rating:
6.5 / 10

Comments

Popular Posts