Makeup Story

Some how blogging about makeup and beauty stuffs makes me happy, like really happy and I like talking about it as much as buying them and trying them out. Well I am happy to say I am starting to get addicted to it. You see while I was growing up I really hate wearing makeup (for obvious reason wearing  makeup while growing up in my late grandma territory was a big NO NO) so I didn't bother to put on till one day (back when I was 16) I saw a riend putting on makeup and suddenly I became curious coz during my teens when you saw a friend wears makeup you go like "How did she do that?" and "what is on her face?" sadly I was that sua ku. hahahaha

So from that day onwards I did my research on how make up works, I saw my mum putting it on but was too shy to ask so I went to magazines for help, like I literally buy magazines to help me figure out where and how to put on makeup and I remember back then a friend introduce to me M.A.C! yes M.A.C! I was only 16 or 17 back then and only to realized that she was a club hostess and no wonder she could afford them and introduce to me such high end makeup, cut the story short she wasn't really my friend she was like an ex boyfriend friend's girlfriend. So anyway I was like culture shocked and I always thought makeup are so expensive and it will be hard for me to afford it. How to buy like that?! naive me.

So while exploring make up I always love going to Watson's and by 17 I started working at this sushi place at Cineleisure back then (so obviously the sushi place is no longer around, so don't ask me where) so work my ass off and studied at the same time gave me the power of spending coz I was working and earning my own moolahs, so here comes the adventure! Well every other week I would go to Watson's to check out makeup stuffs and yada yada, some how week after week new makeup stuffs becomes like a collection of it, I started off with a 2 way powder from Silky Girl brand and started moving on to more expensive makeup I have a collection of blusher, lip gloss and the list go on, till now I have not stop buying makeup from beauty counters, Watson's and online blogshops I just love buying makeup more than clothes I guess.

The collection was pretty small back then coz I couldn't afford much but I was really happy with my basic makeups. The only makeup collection is definitely my small makeup pouch of essentials and but now I have a whole vanity table of makeups from palattes of eyeshadow colors, palatte and pots of blushes and to every shades of lipsticks you could find. I am very grateful that now when I am much older and reach to a point that I can afford them and love experimenting with them I have come to realize my love for makeup is always growing.  

Another good thing is that when you have a sister with you makeup can be shared but I don't remember sharing my makeup with her when we were younger but yes we are both makeup lovers who just love going nuts over makeup. Usually I am the one who always find bargain deals while my sister always ended up paying more for her stash hahaha

 
So here are my confession of my love towards makeup and now I need to control myself from buying more coz the so-called vanity table is rather full and I need to wait till the new home comes along than I could build a bigger vanity perhaps.


If you have a story about your love for makeup do share.
And I will be blogging more often about make up soon.
Love,
Aishah

Comments

Popular Posts