Review: Revlon Eye Primer + Brightener, Yay or Nay?

Saw this product at ASOS.com for only SGD22 told myself what the heck might as well try it, not sure if they sell this in SG thou or how much it cost here (But I have been to Watson's Store and I can't find them). First impression very skeptical but may be a potential hit product.

Sorry for the messy looking swatch on my hands, the product does give a nude color pay off and when applying on my skin, it has a pink hues in the product this also helps with color correcting for you skin. Will tell you more why is there so much product on hand..... continue reading please.


Hmmmm how do this product work? It has turn dial twist at the bottom which allow the liquid to come out to the brush but huge piece of advise DO NOT twist the dial too many times, I suggest turning it 1 or 2 time first and wait for the liquid to come out. The waiting part I don't like coz it take too long for the product to come out and I did twist it too many times and ended up with too much product, that's the reason why I had too much on my hand. Ended up with too much swatch.

Anyway I tested the product with a few types of concealer to see if it creases and if the eye shadow stay or stray on my lid. My eye lids are super oily so it's actually a challenge to see if this product works for oily skin.

Here are the concealers which I tried with and eye shadows (I just use the regular Revlon Eye Shadow Quads, Sorry no picture) that I tried with are just those drugstore eye shadows overall the eye shadows didn't stray and they stay well on the eyelid and for the under eyes it does brighten up and makes the eye some how brighter.
I actually used the product with M.A.C Studio fix concealer, Revlon Photoready Concealer and L.A Girl PRO.Conceal.
Out of the 3 product both Revlon Product compliment each other well except it does seems to show a little bit of creasing after awhile (after 1or 2 hours) but it's not that visible and I guess coming from the same brand it does work well.
My favorite M.A.C Studio Fix concealer is the best match so far it works well for my under eye and some how it brightens up more compare to the other concealers and it does last for a whole day. I'm giving this a thumbs up! This combo does give a great finish and it does crease but only at the end of the day. So it didnt bother me.

As for the the last concealer it blend we with each other since both are in liquid form but the only problem that my L.A girl PRO Conceal (Creamy Beige) was not in the right shade without the primer it was alright for my skin tone but since the Revlon Eye Primer + Brightener give the under eye brighter the concealer shade was too bright and it ended up giving me this weird white bright around my eyes. So if you like this combo you may need to adjust the shade of you L.A girl PRO Conceal too.

My verdict this Revlon Photoready Eye Primer + Brightener is good but depends on the skin condition so far for oil skin it does seems to be okay but I think it will crease alot if Im outdoor for too long but I really can't find them here in SG (If you know where, do comment below) but only place I know is ASOS.com for SGD22, I hope they change the packaging coz the twisty tube is not working for me. It was worth trying this product.

If you have any comments or question just leave them below.

Have a Good Day Ahead!

Love,
Aishah

Comments

Popular Posts