Picked Up: IMATS Sydney 2012

Been missing this space alot! Anyway I am back in SG!!

Yup! Went to Sydney IMATS, for some of you who have not heard about IMATS it is actually an International Makeup Artist Trade Show. My 1st purpose there was to actually check out what products and brands that are worth bringing to SG, sadly I didnt shortlist anyone as it was kinda difficult to network around when everyone else is busy buying makeup. So automatically I followed the shoppers and I had fun shopping instead.

I went a little nuts over at Inglot Booth, it was a main attraction of the day and obviously bought too much of it. Inglot is not available is SG as of right now, so when I was there I had to get hold of their products. Surprisingly Inglot product quality matches MAC cosmetics stantards (in my opinion) but they are more affordable so anyway here is what I got:

Freedon System Palatte with 5 eyeshadows, they are neutral shimmer colors but the shimmer wasn't that crazy and it's definitely wearable in the day.

Left to Righ: No 423, 409, 25, 397, 30
Palette and 5 colors for AUD45

I bought the 2 blusher in the following shades, they reminded me alot of MAC Gingerly which is my favourite and I actually wanted it in the Freedon Palette but sadly one of the colors was sold out from their pan form so I had to get the those the in pot.

Here are the colors of the Powder Blusher:
Left to Right: No 21, 30, Blushers for AUD15

I also bought the Inglot Gel Liner in black, i think this is one of the most darkest black and it don't smudge. And in comes in the usual pot form but I given it to my mum and we did try it, verdict says the gel liner was worth it. Sorry no picture.....

Next booth that I visited was Scotty's they are selling majority of BN (Ben Nye) products.

I bought this HD Powder that many are raving about on youtube and the color wheel concealer as well. I wanted the banana powder which Kim Kardashian used to get the sunkist glow but it was sold out. Thats a little sad...... ooh well Scotty's booth was one of the crowdest too with so many getting their hands on Ben Nye product. I think if I were a makeup artist I would be in Ben Nye heaven.......


At this moment I can't remember the price for this. Will update here once I dig out the receipt.
 
Ben Nye Color Wheel Concealer for AUD35
After all that walking around and around, I decided to hijacked some of the Royal Crown Brushes and I must said it was worth it coz all the brushes are high quality and the price for them are definitely reasonable. Royal Crown has the most variety of brushes on that day I almost can't decide which to buy.
Noticed that some are dupes of MAC brushes, so if you can't afford MAC expensive brushes you might want to consider Royal Crown Brushes which you can get them online.

Prices stated below are estimated, coz I didnt get the receipt and roughly guess the prices.

Blush Brush for AUD20, soft bristle.
Blush Brush for AUD8, duo fibers bristles
Crease Brush for AUD4, dense and pointed
Blending Brush AUD8, almost similar to MAC217
Blending Brush for AUD3, Luna Badger brush with duo bristle

Spoolie Brush for AUD2
Duo Fiber Brush for AUD7, it's soft white bristle
Contour Brush for AUD7. soft white bristle
Lastly this product was for my sister she have told me to buy the Lait Creme from Embryolisse. I am not really sure of how good this product is but when I was at IMATS on saturday this product in particular was selling like hotcakes and those pro makeup artist was talking about this product will doing demos.

I have yet to try them but I will definitely do so any time and will share them with you. Anyway I am not sure if we can find them here but so far I have see none of the products here.


As for the Bigger size it was AUD23 and Smaller Size AUD14
So if you noticed I didnt got anything from NYX, simply becoz they were a NO SHOW and I heard rumors has it, this is their 2nd year of NO SHOW. Damn! I was so disspointed to find out about it as for MAC I didnt buy them as they were almost the same price compare to SG price and I thought I should not waste money and might as well just get them here also the MAC pro collection was quickly sold out on Saturday. Yup this is the major dissapointmen I had with IMATS but other than it was good.

In future I will be planning to to IMATS in London or US someday, that will be a definite goal. Hopefully.

So next entry will be on the makeup I picked up while I was shopping in Sydney.

Stay tune!

Love,
Aishah

p.s: if you did a haul on IMATS Sydney, do share them with me I would love to read/watch them.

Comments

Popular Posts