Review : Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

Going out of my comfort zone and trying out new product for my skin is always like a fearfactor game show you see on TV, it's either I try it and get very bad breakouts due to sensitive skin or I might as well never try any other products and stick to the usual product like almost forever.

I admit I always have this love and hate relationship with foundations..... I used to wear MAC Studio fix Foundation during my teen for about 6 months and I had major breakouts which was kinda bad. Then on I wore ZA Foundation which works well for my skin and after years of ZA I manage to brave myself to Revlon PhotoReady. So you see making this leap of faith can be scarry coz the breakouts are crazy. 

My current foundation wear is Revlon PhotoReady and bareMinerals which I switch every now and than depending on the coverage I want. So just recently I decided to explore my boundaries to say what other products that would be compatible to my sensitive skin..... so I went to Youtube! and watch many reviews on foundations. So I finally set my mind to Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation my issue with this foundation was it was not available in Singapore.


So while I was in Sydney I found it and quickly grab a bottle to try it. This is a liquid / almost gel-like foundation which supposedly claim to have some form of "Anti-fatigue" ingredient to make your look more awake, it also claim that to give you a radiant glow to the skin and this is the first foundation that I really love the smell of it, divine!

For this foundation you will definitely need a brush to work it, I used it with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and it blends well into the skin with no streaking or looking patchy. This product could also be a cost savings. a little goes a long way with tiny pumps of it is enough to give you a light to medium coverage. It is also build able if you need that extra coverage. I like the consistency of the foundation it has this gel like feeling and not that liquidity.

At the same time I used the bareMinerals Prime Time Primer underneath and I notice the foundation stay longer compare to Revlon Natural Beauty Primer in my opinion. Add bonus to this product it comes with SPF15.

Verdict from me, this foundation does the job of what it claims but I don't know if there is a different in terms of the "Anti-Fatigue" coz I don't see any changes except that it does give that radiant glow to the skin and love the demi matte finish to the skin. The foundation smells really good for a drugstore brand, so far it has not give any breakouts to my skin and I thnk for AUD19 it was worth it.

Except the color soft beige with was slightly light for me has I have yellow undertone to and usually a medium beige the next I repurchase this I may need to get the color beige instead. But I can still get away with the current tone with a little bit bronzer should be fine.

So if you are wondering on how to get hold of it I suggest yo try asos.com it only cost $19.76 with free delivery but you gotta eye ball the color with the online swatches and good luck to that.

So if you have anything to share / feedback / comment do post them below! Also you can tweet on twitter too.

See on the next entry.

Love,
Aishah

Comments

Popular Posts