Daily Routine & Review: Mario Badescu

As you all know my skin condition have been on a major roller coaster for the past couple few months, breaking out due to hormones is not even funny to begin with and dealing with Oily Skin too was causing me alot of problems and it was so difficult coz my face would crease all the makeup and touching up was just simply a nightmare. For awhile my self-esteem was going down a little bit. Despite that I was determine to fight this.......

Currently my face is clear up with no pimple at sight, but there's some acne scars that I am waiting to lighten up the scars which I know will take some time.

So before I begin let me just do a little disclaimer: This routine & review is based on my skin which is oily and sometimes combination skin. I do recommend that you give this brand some research first based on your skin type. Also do note that this is not a magic potion it requires time to see results but also it does not mean this product work best for you. All skin types are different even if you are in the same category of oily skin.

My choice of current skincare is Mario Badescu. I have been reading and watching so much review on blogs and youtube to finally decide to give a try which lead me to clean clear skin.


Here is my daily routine:

In the morning and night, I will just cleans my face with MB Botanical Gel Cleanser, this cleanser have been pretty good so far. It does have any particular smell to it, but you cannot expect this cleanser to foam up or lather coz it doesn't it's not a soap, so all I do is just massage the gel all over the face and rinse it. It helps to clean up the excess oil and dirt. It feels fresh and clean.


Next step to the routine I will apply the MB Drying Cream which is safe to use underneath the makeup or on its on. This cream smell very medicinal and when you apply it it some how works like a BB cream it can hide tiny blemishes. But I believe this cream helps with oil control for my face without clogging my pores. I use it daily as part of my routine before putting on makeup and works well. How I usually apply with my fingers and pad it on my face till it disappear coz you can't rub or massage the cream to your face.


On days where I feel that there will be pimples starting to make their appearance I would use the MB Buffering Lotion, right after cleansing my face I would use this lotion to help preventing any pimples for coming out. This lotion absorb very fast and it definitely help to fight those pimple from popping out. This lotion is more like a toner and has a very strong stringent smell and for the first few time when you use it, it will sting you and you will feel some sensation but if you use it over time it wont feel a thing.

So since my acne is due to hormones, I will only use this at the areas around the cheeks and chin only my pimples love to hand out and it also works as a shield for this area so pimple wont attack. You can use this nightly.


The next product is one of the reason why Mario Badescu is so popular with the MD Drying Lotion which helps to combat acne with an overnight result (almost) this why many are raving about. I don't use this product too regularly but only when my skin need helps to dry up the pimple ASAP. This is not a miracle product but it does help to reduce the appearance of the pimple which eventually will go away.

The product is made with unique ingredients which separates the pink sediment and the clear liquid, this 2 liquid should not be shake together instead you have to dip a cotton bud into the product with the tip of the cotton bud touching the pink sediment and apply directly to the effected areas. Use it overnight and you will see a different in terms of the swelling and size of the pimple gets smaller. But it doesn't instantly make the pimple disappear but instead it helps to heal it in a way that it can get rid of the smelling or redness and if you use frequently it will eventually disappear quickly.


For mask Mario Badescu have created a MB Special Mask for Oily Skin, which is like a clay based mask to help absorb all the extra oily and to prevent clogging of pores. I really do enjoy the mask very much coz each time I used it it leave my skin feeling supple and smooth and it doesn't dry the skin at all. I usually use the mask about 2-3 times a week depending on the severity of my skin.


So far I have been using all the products about 1.5 months and I have been liking them all, as of now I don't have any breakouts so I have since stop using the MB Drying Lotion and just maintain my face with the rest of the other products. So far no breakouts just minor hormonal pimple that appear but never survive MB Drying Lotion which prevent it from breaking out. 

Hope this review helps for those who really need to find other skincare alternative or even to find review on Mario Badescu's Products.

Do leave a comment below if you have any thing to share with the rest of the readers.

Happy New Year Peeps, may we have better healthier skin in 2013!

Comments

Popular Posts