Review : Revlon Whipped Cream Foundation

Hi Junkies,

I am back again with another review on Revlon Colorstay Whipped Cream Foundation (what a mouth full), this product is another extension of the Colorstay Range which is a wonderful line as the original formulation is just as awesome.



The texture of this foundation almost feel like cream-gel like texture, very concentrated and thick, which also means it will give coverage is medium to full coverage. It doesn't feel very heavy on the skin neither it feels light, I guess it's some where in between

Revlon promises to have long lasting wear of 24hrs, I would say this foundation did stay on but of course not 24hrs, it definitely last for a good 6-7hrs without touching up. The shade that I am in is Medium Beige which is slightly light for me if you are a medium skin tone as me I would suggest the Warm Beige instead just because the Medium Beige is more of a cooler tone. Despite being slightly lighter I still work this foundation with a good bronzing.




How I would like to apply this foundation is actually using my fingers, I just feel like it spread more easily and it looks more natural but on some days I also do prefer using a Real Techniques Buffing Brush to work out the foundation all over my face.



I would also recommend the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush if you prefer the full coverage finish or even the Sigma F80 brush for an airbrush finish which also not too shabby.


But sadly the down side is that, taking the product out can be another issue, since the packaging is in a jar form and there isn't any pumps, so you literally need to put your finger/beauty spatula to take out the product. Which I am not a fan of doing that but I don't have a choice. For hygiene sake ensure your fingers/beauty spatula are clean before digging in. Anyway I should consider getting a beauty spatula but it's just too troublesome and as you can see it can get really messy.

Overall here is my verdict:
Formulation Whipped Cream (literally like whipped cream)
Coverage is build-able but you gotta be quick
Packaging, I think they need to find a more hygienic way to take out the product from the jar.
Long wearing (that's for sure)
Color selection in local stores are limited but I got mine at ebay for SGD$24, way cheaper!
I don't feel like I should run to the stores to get more of this product thou, it was a nice try.

Twitter / Instagram / Facebook / Pinterest

Comments

Popular Posts