Review: Nine Thirty by Awfully Chocolate

Hi Everyone!

Its the best day of the week! it's FRIDAY.

And what a day to talk about a favorite place that me and Marion like to hang out since it's such a quiet place to enjoy chocolate on a week day.

Just a disclaimer, me and Marion love chocolate but I am always the step mother to control the intake of our sweetness but once in a while we still indulge on great chocolate.

And one of those places which is located near our home is Awfully Chocolate just across I12 Katong. And apparently we just love hanging out at that area since the mall have cinema, Watson's and of course Awfully Chocolate is just around the corner.


There might be a little confusion when you reach outside Awfully Chocolate, just because Awfully Chocolate is actually inside Nine Thirty Cafe. So this place is actually name Nine Thirty by Awfully Chocolate. So basically its the same place anyway.

When you are here during the week days are best where there is less crowd and a nice quiet time here. We like such place actually. The ambiance is really simple and nice, they have an open concept kitchen and some of the savoury are on display.


A much needed picture of us, it's been awhile since we actually took a photo together. So obviously this was one of our date night so it's just 2 of us. 

Anyway the staff there are friendly and nice, service is good and we have totally no issue about it.


This is what we got, only dessert and we didn't order anything from the Nine Thrity Menu.

Here is what we had:
Stacked Layered Cake - This is super rich, soft and moist cake layers with chocolate fudge. This was my birthday cake a couple of years before. Awesome awesome cake! This cake are sold base on grams, for the slice we had was only 100grams and cost about $7.

Hei Ice Cream - Its basically their in-house chocolate ice cream, which is definitely nice but we are not that crazy about it. We went for a double scoop for $8 i think.

Flourless Cake - This is my favorite, it's light and the crust is crunchy which I like, rather than having everything else soft and moist. Marion didn't fancy it but I do love it and it went really nicely with the sprinkles of Icing Sugar on top. This was about $7.

I already made plans for another time at Awfully Chocolate coz I really want to try out their Poached Chocolate, yes Poached! Maybe I will bring Fiqa along. 


Someone is really happy that day coz right after the chocolate affair we went to catch Hangover 3 at I12 Katong. It was definitely a great date night..... 

Hope you guys give it a try! 

p.s: all photos are either from my Instagram and Iphone5. boohoo to the bad quality.

Don't forget to follow me here: Twitter Instagram / Facebook / Pinterest

Comments

Popular Posts