Makeup Products for Beginners

Hi New Junkies!

This blog post is dedicated to you, or for those who just started getting into Makeup and Beauty Product or just need to know what are the basics makeup products. So since I am feeling hard working just because I do get you ladies asking me the usual question I will fill you in on what are your basics.

When we talk about basics, I really do suggest you opt for something
drugstore or Watson's
range of makeup, since you are in the stage of experimenting it's best to pick up products that are relatively safe for your money in this way you will have more options to choose from. Anyway some of the product I did a full review before and I will put the link.



Makeup Products

Face:
Revlon Photoready Foundation
I am still a big fan of this foundation, for sure it never fail me. Revlon foundations are one of those foundation that I've used a million times over and love the color selection, coverage and the longevity of the formulation. For full review on this product read it HERE

You can get them at Watson's or Guardian.

Revlon Photoready Concealer
And the next best thing that could happen they came out with the concealer, yes it a full coverage creamy stick concealer that comes in 3 shades. I have gone through many many sticks of this and after years I still love it still. For full review on this product read it HERE

You can get it at Watson's or Guardian.

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder
I used to set my foundation with loose powder and realized that it cakes like a mother, but after discovering this Stay Matte Powder it change my life (being a little dramatic) but this powder in shade translucent does not oxidize and make your face darker and your foundation stay matte through out the day.

You can get them on ebay or asos.com sadly they are not available in stores

Cheeks:
NYX Powder Blush
I would say, I am obsessed with NYX Powder Blush in fact I have a bunch of shade but the 2 best shade that I love is Rose Garden, this blush is easy to wear with a speckle of gold in it and shade Angel is basically what I use as a highlight on my cheeks. For full review on this product read it HERE

You may get NYX Blushes from www.summerinlove.net 

Eyes:
Eyeliner - Maybelline Master Drama
Getting the right eye liner product for your eye may take awhile, but I do recommend this Maybelline Master Drama which is available in Watson's. It's not the best but it's easy to apply and the shade is one of the blackest eye liner.

Eye Brows - Essence Duo Powder Brow and Brow and Lash Gel
Doing your eye brows can be a little tricky, even I am not an expert on filling my eye brows. But essence came out with this Duo Powder Brow kit that comes with stencil which I think is great if you are still finding that right brow shape and to set all those brows you can also use the gel which work pretty well and they are so inexpensive at all. You can get it at selected Watson's store.

Eye Shadow - NYX Natural Eye
This is the hassle free and confuse free eye shadow to begin with, all are neutral shade for you to start off with. The shade is not as pigmented so making mistake is minimum. You can learn to blend color easily and build up the shade to your desire. Also this palette is just great for every day natural look. For full review on this product read it HERE

Eye Shadow - MUA Heaven and Earth Palette 
So if you are more adventurous but still want a variety of shade with different type of finish, I would definitely recommend this palette. It is still in the neutral shade and yet you can smoke it up to suit the intensity you prefer. For full review on this product read it HERE

You can get both palette at www.summerinlove.net

Lips:

Maybelline Lipsticks Colorsensational
I do think that Maybelline does a good range of lip sticks line, but the Colorsensational line is one of it. It come with a huge variety of color and the shade I am loving at this moment is Mauve Me. Reasons for recommending this is the pigmentation is good, it gives you a little shine on your lips, it's long lasting and it is definitely affordable. Its easily available in Watson's and departmental store that carries Maybelline product.

NYX Lip Butter Gloss
This is an amazingly delicious smelling lip gloss from NYX which was recently launched, I love the texture and it isn't has sticky and it smell wonderful. This is definitely a good price point if you want to try out various shade of lip gloss. To purchase them you can check out www.summerinlove.net promotion if you purchase 2 Lip Butter Gloss for $21.

Revlon Lip Butter
I think you guys read it over and over again about my love and obsession on this lip butter. They are amazing, moisturizing, slightly pigmented and easy to wear.  For full review on this product read it HERE

Makeup Brushes:

Real Techniques - Core Collection (For Foundation & Face Products) & Powder Brush
Applying a cream or liquid foundation works well with the Buffing brush and set your foundation with big powder brush. The finish look will give you that effortless finish to your skin. There are also other brushes for concealer and other use. You don't really need to use accordingly to the function rather use the brush to what you need and it's a value for money, you get 4 set of brush for $32 and Powder Brush for $19 which you can also get it from www.summerinlove.net

Real techniques - Starter Set (Eye-shadow & Eye-liner Brush)
This is also another good set for beginner to start with, it provide simple brush tools for you. But once you get the hang of wearing eye shadow regularly there will be more eye shadow brush that you can try to venture out. This is also available at www.summerinlove.net for $32 a set.

This recommendation are products which are definitely available in Singapore and they are affordable and I still use most of the products from the above recommendation. To me it does not mean expensive is good, in-fact majority of drugstore products work great or even better at times. I hope you find this helpful to start venturing into makeup.

So hope your hoarding will begin soon and enjoy shopping for makeup product! Just don't blame when it gets addictive. hehehehe *run!

Don't forget to follow me here: Twitter Instagram / Facebook / Pinterest

Comments

  1. Great post !!! I think these products are perfect for those who start make up !!!

    NovembreBeaute

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks For Your Comment

Popular Posts