2nd Trimester @ 24 weeks update

Current emotion:
It's like a whirlwind situation with this pregnancy, 1 minute it's all good and fine another minute I was enduring pain but nonetheless it's all good now and praying hard that with 16 week left to welcome the newborn. I think I am less cranky these days in comparison when I was in my 1st trimester.

Preparation:
Obviously we somehow confirm the gender of the baby, streamline the name, slowly preparing for the essential stuffs (we are preparing ahead since we will be busy for the next few months) and trying to enjoy this pregnancy.

Pregnancy Woes:
No matter how much pregnancy aliments I had to endure the feeling of another human being in me takes away all the pain. But let's do the honest truth, who thinks pregnancy is easy peasy?? Oh common! Right about now at this 24 weeks we pregnant women have to deal with backaches, sleepless night due to discomfort sleeping position, baby movement at night, running to the toilet to pee, stretchy feeling, leg cramps and water retention all this might just last through out the whole pregnancy. So yeah, the thought of the baby does take some of the load off and having a spouse around to rub your feet and back is like a bonus too.

Tummy:
Now moving forward, my tummy is growing bigger at the average size, I don't feel any more pain from fibroid but the baby movement is really strong. I do notice new stretch mark around my waist area but not the tummy I supposed that is better than having them all over my body. Physically my tummy and hips are expending but the rest seems normal to me. Glad to know also that I got no water retention but heat-burn I do get very frequently.

Food:
Food intake have been more than usual, I get hungry every now and than, so we have been stocking up on healthy snack such as yogurt, soy milk, muesli bars, fruits, veggies (I love snaking on baby carrots) and some sweet biscuits for those days when I have sweet tooth cravings. But when the weekend is here I kinda forget about healthy eating so I let myself be free and eat whatever I feel like. Gotta give myself a break.

Supplement:
I been taking the doctor supplement on regular basis since no more nausea and appetite is good these days. Current supplements are fish oils (for baby brain development), vitamin C, obimin and FrisoMum milk formula (for calcium)

Lifestyle Activities:
Been slowing down a lot on other activities such as work, running errands, going out or rushing for any appointments but more so on resting and taking one thing at a time. These days back aches are such frequent so that is why I don't want to stress myself and mentally I have been trying to rest my mind and not deal with big and complicated decision. Since I walk to work every day, I usually take my time and enjoy my walks also doing some walking is good too. I should be doing squats soon like how I did when I had Fiqa squats helps to make delivery easier.

Spiritually:
My mind is so calm these days, I look forget to time alone (especially on the prayers mat) just chilling in bed while rubbing my tummy. Reflecting on what makes me happy and why I am feeling so blessed with what I have now. Things are falling into places right now but I can never get too comfortable with what I have. 

Can't wait for the Doctor's appointment, just to peek at how the baby progress!

Comments

Popular Posts