Review : Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge

Been getting a lot of request over at Summer In Love followers to do a review on Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. So since you requested it here we go.....
When I first discover Beauty Blender (Read my review here), I was a total convert to makeup sponges before this, I only trusted the brushes. Sponges give a different kind of finish for that flawless foundation and concealer application which I found out later, but I am sure you all know that Beauty Blender isn't cheap and when you need to replace them like once every 2-3 month it can get hefty to the pocket. So when I heard Sam Chapman (the face of Real Techniques) reveal this sponge from Real Techniques I knew that I need to get it and in hoping for that cheaper alternative.


Compare with the Beauty Blender, I would say RT Sponge is way softer. They both can be use wet or dry but some how I prefer using it dry with RT sponge it works better to me and I don't see products being absorb too much into the sponge too. The shape of the sponge is a little different since there is a flat side and the usual pointy and round sides. Which makes the flat side great for foundation application, pointy side for concealer around hard to reach areas and the round side for blending.
As for maintenance wise I usually clean my sponge in 2 to 3 used and I simply use a baby shampoo, give it some squeezing and all the stain comes out easily, unlike a beauty blender I find that it takes awhile for the stain to come out and usually I have to double cleans it. So RT Miracle Complexion Sponge seems easier to maintain and dries faster too.

Storage wise I leave it in a glass cup which use to be my candle holder, or you can easily get any kind of container to store it.

This sponge seems to tick all the right boxes which include the cost $, I got this from www.summerinlove.net for only SGD12.50 and been using it for 1 month, this is alot cheaper than compare to Beauty Blender which cost about SGD29 a sponge. Overall this sponge is such a hit and I am loving it.

Rating:
5 / 5

Comments

Popular Posts