Review : Maybelline LipPolish in shade GLAM14 & GLAM5

Hi Everyone!

It's been a while since the last review, I know I have been a little behind time on this review but nonetheless it's here. I shall save you all the lame excuses and just jump on what I want to share in the first place. Lately the drugstore brands are coming out with so much great products and something that really catches my attention is something from Maybelline.

So recently they came out with this Lip Polish that comes in this transparent tube that may look like a lipsticks but its not, this product also reminded me of the Lip Stains from YSL (of course its not that pigmented as YSL) which comes with a doe foe applicator. If you heard of this product by a different name such as "Lip Elixir" yup they are pretty much the same product. I just don't get why they have to rename the product here in asia but Maybelline Lip Elixir is what they called it in the US.




This Lip Polish to me is just like any other lip gloss that have a slight plumping effect on lips, shines and good color pigmentation for a drugstore product. It doesn't have a long lasting effect on the lips but as you all know all lip glosses can't stay on the lips for too long but the longevity of is good for me (I really don't mind reapplying). What I like about it, is that it does not define the lines on my lips unlike other drugstore lip gloss would and this Lip Polish does not dries out or chap my lips. 

So anyway, I got this 2 nice subtle every day shade in GLAM14 & GLAM5 (what a boring name right? the US version have a much fancier name)



GLAM14 is such a hard shade to describe, if you swatch on your hands it definitely looks like light pinkish tone but when you put it on the lips it looks slightly different with the pink becoming like a tiny hint in the nude shade and GLAM5 is a subtle mauve shade. So basically what you swatch on your hands may not turn out the same on the lips. I guess it depends on the pigmentation of the lips. This shade also have a little shimmer but its barely noticeable on the lip but it give just enough shine on the lips.


(Swatches on my lips, just take note I have pigmented lips)

Lastly this Maybelline LipPolish are available at Watson's, Guardian and all major department store and retail at $18.90 a piece but If you head to Watson's now they are selling all Maybelline products at Buy 3 get 1 Free which is definitely a good deal.

Rating:
4 / 5

Comments

Popular Posts