Review : Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm & Lacquer Balm | LovesandBeauty

You know each time Revlon launched something good, we in asia ended up having them much later... but good news is this product is here and they are available in Watson's, Guardian and Major Departmental Store. The sad part they usually cost a bomb these days and to me for a drugstore Singapore prices are not that cheap.



So anyway I shall stop ranting about the cost of makeup here in Singapore since it will always been this ridiculous. Shall move on to better things now... Revlon come out with the Colorburst Matte Balms and Lacquer Balms, they are look like the Balm Stain (they don't claim to have staining effect) but instead they don't actually stain the lips and comes with 2 different finishes.

For the Matte Balms I have the shade Sultry which is the mauve pink shade and for Lacquer Balms I got the shade Provocateur is a shinny red finish.



My thoughts on Matte Balms:
- Shade: Sultry, mauve pink.
- Great Pigmentation
- Glide on smoothly
- Staying Power, isn't the most longevity but I think it's good enough time to stay on the lips and who doesn't enjoy putting on lipsticks coz touch up is easy.
- Like I mentioned before it doesn't claim to be staining on the lips so it does transfer a little bit if I pat it with a tissue.
- The colour does not bleed on your lips
- For my lips it does not feel drying but you can some how feel the product clings to your lips. In other words it didn't chap my lips either.
- It does come in many great shades but in Singapore I think they only have about 6 or 7 shades available here in Singapore. But I notice the purple shades in the collection looks pretty good too but the nudes don't really match my skin tone much.
- Yes I will definitely purchase more shades in future.

My thoughts on Lacquer Balms:
- Shade: Provocateur, Red shade with a shine finish
- Creamy texture, easy to apply with no lip liner require.
- Staying Power, isn't the most longevity but I think it's good enough time to stay on the lips and who doesn't enjoy putting on lipsticks coz touch up is easy.
- This Lacquer Balms doesn't stain your lips either but I notice that it requires more touch up compare to Matte Balms.
- Texture is creamy definitely don't chap or dry out my lips.
- Just like the Matte Balms it does carry various shades here in Singapore but definitely not all the 10 shades.
- I don't really fancy the finish coz I feel that the Lacquer Balms give a cheap look in my opinion but if you fancy shine on the lips you should go ahead and give it a swatch before you purchase.

Where I get them?
BHG Departmental Store in the Makeup Section "ALT" (or something like that). it's SGD19.90 but at that point there was a 20% discount and I am not sure if they are still on sale which I doubt so, but recently a friend got them on sale in Watson's I suggest you check them out soon.

Rating for Matte Balms:
4.5 / 5
Rating for Lacquer Balms:
3 / 5

Comments

Popular Posts