Review : I am Cafe

I think my blog is overloaded on baby update (can't help it la, baby just arrive in our lives there is so much to share) which also means we have been busy with Sofia. But we do take a break from Sofia for a date-night or day-date so that we can remain sane and spend some time together.

With little time in our hand and been bugging Marion to bring me to all those cafes that have been sprouting recently, we choose to head to IamCafe at Haji Lane.

Thats right this cafe definitely can't be missed as it is located facing the main road North Bridge Road just off haji Lane. Errr not sure if they have a big sign but you will definitely see it. Well the place is like an open concept cafe.... the ambiance I am NOT a fan off, it's kinda warm, it's constantly crowded and don't expect to have a quiet quaint cafe. But decor are pretty simple or pretty "hipster"


So anyway we order 2 mains, 2 drinks and 1 dessert which look and sounds promising. Here is what we ordered.



Hotstuff Beefy Jumbo SGD16.90 and Berry Nice Bro drink SGD6.90
My Review:
The Hotstuffs Beefy Jumbo was kinda disappointing to me, the sauce literally taste of just worcestershire sauce and it's pretty salty. But at least they really mean it when they say "jumbo" it was a big portion and for my drink it tasted like Ribena.... I don't know about you but when you say mock-tails I don't expect to taste like Ribena.

Rating: 1 / 5

Charcoal Grilled Juicy Beef Burger SGD12.90 and Stir It Up (Chocolate Drink) SGD6.90
Marion (my husband) Review:
Ordered his favourite dish a "Burger" when ever go some where to eat and the menu state burger he will definitely order so he does have certain expectation of what burger should taste in his opinion. His review was that the burger was alright but nothing wow about just as we expected. But he definitely love his chocolate drink named Stir It up since it's chocolate and has Oreo on top.

Rating : 2 / 5


Ahhh here comes the super hyped and talked about Rainbow Crepe Cake that almost on everyone's Instagram....... We are such a big fan of dessert but some how I felt short with this dessert we had high expectation obviously and sadly it didn't meet our expectation. Oh well dessert can be subjective I suppose....

Rating : 2 / 5

As for their service it was pretty so so, I asked the waiter what he could recommend and he don't seems to have a firm answer and staffs look pretty tense and we didn't feel so welcome, I suppose when the place is always crowded (I don't even know why) staffs don't seems friendly in my opinion.

In our opinion on the overall, I guess due to the "over-hyped" of this cafe we were coming in with high expectation and high hopes but almost none meet our expectation.

P.S: This is just my personal opinion, maybe others might find this place better or maybe we were are the wrong time and wrong day. Nonetheless I think it should not be exempted as great food and service should always be a number one priority.

P.S.S: Take note this is not a child friendly cafe.... don't expect a stroller to park in the cafe and I doubt baby sit is available.

Comments

Popular Posts