5 Breastfeeding Tips

There are just so much ways to boost your milk supply such as the types of foods & supplements and being in the state of mind. There are also other factors to look for in order to boost milk supply and to ultimate enjoy breastfeeding. All this tips are based on my experience it might or might not work for you, every body works differently and you will definitely need to discover what works best for you.

Tip #1:
Nurse, Nurse, Nurse
Keeping on latching your baby and eventually the milk supply will come in naturally. Our breast works on Demand and Supply. The more you nurse your baby the more milk supply, each time the baby latch it's telling breast that more milk is require. Also don't look at the clock, breastfeeding baby feed on DEMAND give it to the baby when ever the baby wants there is nothing wrong coz you will never overfeed your baby. Simple as That!

Just love looking at Sofia's face while nursing her.




Tip #2:
Don't Stress!
This is the number one killer in breastfeeding, our milk will flow much better when we are in the relax mode. When you breastfeed the prolactin is at it's highest level when this happen it will also help you to relax and reduced stress. So take it like a time where you relax and enjoy your time with baby. Remember the more relax you are the more milk will produce which why our milk supply at the highest from 12midnight to 5am. Usually while I am nursing Sofia, I make a point to have my mobile phone around so that I can watch a video and not look at the clock to guess how long she will nurse for.

In order not to stress I always look at Sofia's pictures on my mobile phone. This is just some ways for me to chill and smile. Mum send this picture while I was at work and brighten up my day as its the first time she manage to hold a bottle for a few minutes.

Tip #3:
Pumping!
Yes pumping your breast milk also will help with the supply, if you notice that your milk have not establish try doing pumping after you finish feeding the baby, at first you may find it a little depressing that milk is very little but don't worry the more you pump the more milk will eventually come in. Alternatively you can also do pumping every 2 hours, pumping let you be on schedule with your breast meaning letting them know that they need to regulate. This can also help with boosting your milk. Currently my baby is 3 month old, I am already back at work so I have been doing a 3-4 hours pumping sometimes when I am not tired I will do 2-3 hours pumping. It all depends on your body and baby.

It was pretty obvious that during the initial stage my out put wasn't that good at all.
But after working really hard eventually I have better out put during each pump session.
Tip #4:
Food and Supplement.
During the first 10 weeks, here are the supplements:
- Susuk Dara (Jamu)
- Yogi's Nursing Mothers Tea
- Fish Oil Capsules
The jamu which my mum got me from JB seems dodgy at first, at that point of time I was in desperate need so I just give it a go. Surprisingly it works! and it helps with the recovery of your uterus for those who just delivered your baby. Ingredient in this product is a little unclear but it works well for me.

My supplement have change up since Sofia is 3 months old, here are the supplement I am taking:
- Aurawhite Stemcell Collagen ~ this product contains Virgin Coconut Oil, Salmon Collagen and many more good stuffs which aids to milk booster, so far this product have an immediate effect on me. Plus it makes my skin looking better.
- Yogi's Nursing Mothers Tea
- Oatmeals Porridge

My point here is that for working or busy mums, supplement is really important when you breastfeed it actually helps you to maintain your supply, gives you better health benefits and help you get enough nutrients during your busy schedule.

Tip #5:
Research!
Oh yes, do take some time to do some reading on breastfeeding or simply join Breastfeeding Group on facebook to get more info from experienced mummies who are going through to the same situation, in such groups you can also join discussion with other mummies and it can be really helpful.

Hope my quick 5 tips to breastfeeding helps you in some ways, do not I am not expert but I speak from my experience and also information I get during my research journey.

Thank you for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts