Overdue Postpartum (4 month update)

I was being rather ambitious about doing a postpartum update but never get around to do it. And for obvious reasons...... you know I was struggling to update it. But I told myself I must type this out no matter what. But first of all I want to say Alhamdulillah that both me and Sofia survived the first few weeks and we having progressing and learning about each other each day. It always get better each day!

Physically
As for me my body is already shedding weights ever since delivery since I am breastfeeding and I will be breastfeeding as long as Sofia wants....
I think I am alright with my current weight and just want to maintain it, honestly I don't see a point to losing more weight but rather be healthier. My uterus have definitely went back it its original state (I think) as I am already at 4 months now, due to breastfeeding I have no period right now which is great for me. But I think I still experience PMS coz at some days I do feel emotional and cranky but just minus the period. So overall Physical well being I am feeling so much better. I really have to thank Breastfeeding for all this weight lost!

Mentally
One of the challenges that I have to deal with is the fact that having a baby after 11 years is definitely a no joke, to adjust myself overnight is like adjusting myself for the first time. There were some meltdown moment but again I have to thank my breastfeeding & family that help me avoid postnatal depression. Of course having spiritual strength definitely have help me too. But breastfeeding..... it help me to get distracted from any negativity and focus on what is important to me. Having my mum during my confinement and till now have been the biggest help (god send is more like it), she is the one that encourage me to stay focus and positive. I think she's one of the people that truly supports me in my breastfeeding journey sincerely, she make sure I eat good food, bought me supplement, let me take a break when I need it and support my well being. I think without her I would almost gave up. Despite making me on strict "Pantang" my mum also is a very open minded person, example during the early days when we got all confused with Sofia cries we never thought of negative things but instead we went to learn about learning her cries instead. Coz you know la, old people like to say "ganguan la", "ada benda cakau la" but the logical answer to this is to learn the different cries of the baby is important coz baby makes different kind of cries for different needs and of course there was no "ganguan" to begin with. And now me and my mum are expert at it we are always so confident that we know what exactly Sofia wants.

Sofia's Milestone
Sofia have hit great milestone for herself, she was 3kg at birth and now at 4th month is already progressing to 6kg plus with just breastfeeding. She isn't like overly chubby but she is definitely lean and tough. by her 2nd month she already starts to lift her head, at 3rd month she able to push her body forward and now at 4th month we have experiment her on taste and flavour but she is not really eating seriously but just letting her taste since she show interest in food whenever she see us eat. Sofia may not slept throughout the whole night but she is definitely a much contented most times.

Of course reading this blog post sounds like "oh-so-perfect" but no.... Even thou Sofia sounds like contented but there were other challenges I had to deal with, since I am already working and everything else in between we also had our fair share of struggles but like mention before, me and my family try to stay focus on being positive and not to over think which is why looking after Sofia is not that difficult. Sadly I do have to handle negativities from other which I will take it like a pinch of salt.

Having to say all that let's stay positive being a mother of two isn't a breeze but I am working hard to get everything together and still have a balance life.

A big (virtual) hugs from me to all mothers!

Comments

Popular Posts