Review : Young Living Essential Oil Starter Kit - Singapore


Was approached by this lovely lady, Liza who was an acquaintance of a friend. She introduced me a great way of natural healing. And if you know me by now I do prefer the healthier choice and/or the natural choice. As long as I am not exposed to harmful chemicals or risk long term side effects, I do prefer the natural way and these days you can never really trust a product as most are added with synthetic chemicals despite being labelled as ‘natural’. And being a mom to newborn and 11 year old active girls, I do prefer all natural remedies and products over doctor’s medication, as my baby is too young to take any medication and my 11 year old girl is allergic to paracetamol. So when Liza approached me just right after I gave birth to Sofia, the timing couldn’t be better.



I was given a Home Diffuser, some essential oils and a Starter Kit which contains a free bottle of essential oil, some sample products and a product guide. I was really excited to use the products and Liza popped by my place to explain to me the use of the diffuser and the benefits of each oils. I learnt that Young Living oils are 100% pure and unadultered thus they are even safe for consumption. Liza also shared with me that her 4 children has not been to the paediatrician for almost a year now! Wow! Imagine how much money one can save with these oils. I certainly am looking forward NOT to visit the doctor! She and her hubby only ingest the essential oils in vegecaps when they are ill, no longer relying on drugs like paracetamol and antibiotics, which in fact only makes us feel better temporarily but unfortunately with side effects in the long run.



When Liza explained about some of the oils, the one that caught my attention was definitely Lavender and Peace & Calming oils as both my daughters are active in their own ways and  it is also difficult for them to settle down. For example, Sofia is a super light sleeper in the day time, and we do find it a struggle for her to nap longer during the day and Shafiqah has an extensive school schedule which is very tiring and due to her schedule, she often sleeps late and wakes up in the middle of the night as she couldn’t sleep well. What I did was to switch on the diffuser with Peace & Calming essential oil during the day or night and both kids are more relaxed and at times I noticed Sofia naps longer and Shafiqa also joins in to nap. And you know when kids are napping, you can finally breathe and relax for a bit.

In the evening, Lavender essential oil is our favourite, even the husband likes it. We diffuse Lavender in the room and everyone get to sleep well. Sofia wakes up one time in the night for feeding and slept thru the rest of the night. How amazing! This has been such a life saver for me.


Last few weeks before I finish my maternity leave, I was hit with the flu bug, apparently it was in season. You know each time you are hit with flu bug complete nasal congestion and cough, it's never easy to recover without taking the flu tablet and Panadol. And since I am breastfeeding Sofia, I was more reluctant to take medication and instead I rather recover myself with the help of RC, Lemon and Peppermint Essential Oils. I was able to snap out of the flu bug within 2 days with no medication consumed. Amazing isn't it?!

What I did was for my nasal congestion I applied RC Essential Oil on my soles and also diffuse it to help relieve my cough and runny nose.


Lemon Oil is a must when you are feeling sluggish and fatigue to give the perk-me-up and also Vitamin C. I also love the smell of lemon and at times I just diffuse it in the living room to make the room smell fresh and nice. Do you know that Young Living’s Lemon essential oil is cold-compressed from the rind and not the juice? This means that it is actually alkaline and not acidic. So for those with gastritis, fret not. Drinking few drops of Lemon EO in water actually helps to detox the body and cleanse the liver. Inhaling or diffusing Lemon also helps us focus and stay on task.


And lastly Peppermint Oil, has help with my back ache and pains especially when I are having flu with body aches and pains, this can really make me feel much better. It has also helped me breathe better too. Peppermint is basically the “Panadol” of Young Living. Applying on the soles actually helps to reduce the body temperature when one is having a fever.



If you think Essential Oils are only meant for relaxing and makes the home smelling like a spa, Young Living essential oils are also great for other purposes such as purifying the air, help with your immune system and setting your mood right. They so many types of oils for so many purposes. Liza has this magic bag of 125 oils.... Wish I could have them all, hahahaha.

Since having a newborn baby I am very particular about airborne bacteria which newborn can easily catch on, but after reading about the benefit of Thieves Oil I make sure I rub this oil on the bottom of feet and diffuse it to prevent any bacterial infection. So Sofia managed to steer away from my flu bug despite me breastfeeding her and being in close proximity 24/7.

If you are looking for an alternative remedy for your loved ones, do consider trying these essential oils. They are safe and more importantly effective! Getting the benefits and smelling great at the same time. How cool is that? If you are keen, do contact Liza Ali <----- 

Liza also conducts talks and demo classes too, do add her on Facebook so that you will gain first hand info about it. Classes are FREE of course!

If you have tried Young Living products, do leave a comment down below and share your experience with us!

Comments

  1. Can i order the Custom made Diffuser.??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lucy,

      I am not an agent but if you are in Singapore you can contact Ms.Liza at 9181 9394

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks For Your Comment

Popular Posts