Luxury Lipsticks Series | Yves Saint Laurent & Givenchy | Singapore

Being a beauty blogger, I have discovered a wide range of lipsticks from high-end to drugstore level, from all sorts of sticks or liquid lipsticks and from matte to glossy but at the end of the day the luxury brand lipsticks are always my choice. Don’t get me wrong I still do love my drugstore lipsticks still but if you compare them I still prefer the luxury kind for the formulation that is caring for the lips. And of course not all luxury is worth the purchase but most of them don’t disappoint me.


Today I just want to talk about Yves Saint Laurent and Givenchy lipsticks that I felt that need to be share on my blog. This isn’t something of my top lipsticks but it’s more of a mini reviews to give you my thoughts on them since I feel that they are worth the mention.


This is absolutely moisturising to the lips, I do owned a few shades and none of them chap my lips. Staying power isn’t the best but without eating or drinking the pigmentation did last at least 3-4 hours. Re application is definitely needed for these lipsticks.


One of my preferred choices us the Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte, which have been around for a while, this collection also comes in the Rouge Volupte Shine which gives more of that glossy finish. This collection also have an extensive range of shades from nudes to red to coral to pinks whichever skintone; there is always a shade for everyone.  The YSL counter at Tangs Beauty Hall always excites me to see the display, with a the signature gold packaging and YSL along the trimming.

Another range of YSL Lipsticks is the Rouge Pur, which I don’t see much beauty blogger talk about but this is one of their classic collection. This range comes a few finishes, which include matte finish. I won’t say this is the best formulation but this definitely says a lot for YSL makeup range. The classiness that speaks well in these lipsticks, that reminds you for a matured women lipstick.

This formulation can be drying to some so a lip balm I would recommend you paired this lipstick with. The shade I have is Number 2, which falls into the Red with a hint of orange in it, this is definitely a classic color. Great for fair skin-tone, I do wear it if I feel a little fancy. This formulation is definitely a good staying power, which last much longer but after eating and drinking you might see the color fading at the middle of the lips, I supposed this do happen with a lot of red lipsticks so maintenance if definitely required.

My current obsession is this Givenchy Le Rouge Lipsticks, but first I must talk about the packaging isn’t that just straight up edgy chic with all classiness??? Right??! See you are nodding with me. And the featured shade is definitely a nice deep bright red which I really love. This is also another nice formulation, if you don't have dry lips but if you do I do suggest some lip balm. This is also a long wearing lip sticks and not a high maintenance red. Givenchy have a nice collection os shade in this collection but I am not sure if all shades are available in store and shades may or may not suits all skin-tone. But then again do swatch them in store.

(Rouge Volupte No. 3, Rouge Pur No. 2, Grenat Initie 307)

Hope you like this series, if you want me to do this series leave a comment below with the brand you want me write about. It doesn't matter if its a luxury or drugstore brand. :)

Comments

Popular Posts