Face of the Day #1 - Everyday to Work Makeup

Finally I am getting around to do the Face of the Day #FOTD post, I know I could do this over instagram but you know giving a much detailed blog post on my makeup look is a much needed one since I do get request asking me about the products I used and a mini review on them.



Foundation - L'oreal le tient True Match Foundation (Medium Beige) - SGD30.90
Purchased a new foundation since I am a shade darker due to all the sun tanned in Maldives. So far I like how blendable the foundation which makes application much faster and easier, also I use very little amount for the whole face (cost savings). For oily/combination skin I would suggest using a setting powder, but foundation holds up pretty good to me it can last about 8 hours of wear. It don't crease on me but it does shine a little bit around my cheeks and chin.

Under Eye Concealer - NARS Creamy Concealer (Ginger) - SGD42
Got this during the #SephoraBlackCardSale and this is one of the item that I look forward to get. I also wanted to get the shade Custard but they were sold out. Anyway I think this could be a good fight with my MAC Prolong wear concealer. This is a much smoother and full coverage it's buildable but I won't advice putting too much so start small and only build up if you need to. Will do in depth reviews on this soon.


Setting Powder - Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder (52 Vanille) - SGD19.90
This is definitely something I would use with any foundation.  It is so finely mill and so light  on the skin. I find that the powder does oxidize a little bit which why I actually use a shade lighter and if you are using a bronzer it will definitely balance out to your skin tone.

Brows - Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz (Brunette) - £15.50
I've been wearing this products for so many years, I went through so many of this brow pencil I could not even recall how many times I repurchase it, that is how much I love brow wiz. I also love using the brow pomade but for an everyday quick brow fix, I think brow wiz will always top it. I just love how easy and effortless this brow product and plus point it comes with a spooly. Everyone need this in their life (drama a bit)

Eye Lashes - Benefit they're real Mascara - SGD42
I know it's a lot of money to pay for a mascara and it's not even a luxury brand to start with, but I think I get the hype but to pay for this amount I won't coz I can get drugstore mascara that works the same for my lashes. Since I got this sample from Sephora I thought why not use it. I would say the mascara does the job at making my lashes seems thicker and define but not so much of volume (stubborn lash of mine) it's pretty decent to me for an everyday look.

Cheeks - Physicians Formula Bronze Booster - USD14.35
This is another all time favourite product, since the Maldives glow have disappeared it's time to bring them back. I basically use it around my face and under my chins and so far the subtle glow is nice for an everyday makeup. If you are intimidated with bronzer, I suggest try it with a light hand and build up if you need too.


Cheeks - Milani Baked Blush (Luminoso) - SGD17.50
An oldie but a goodie, this blush is like a combination of blush and highlight. Look great with most skin tone and the kind of blush that you can wear for any occasion.

Lip - MAC Spirit Lipsticks (Satin Finish) - SGD30
Also during the #SephoraBlackCardSale I was in search of a nude lipsticks and walla! it was just there while I was busy swatching the lipsticks at the MAC counter. If you are in my skin tone this is really a nice shade for a simple look, there is a hint of pink in this nude so you don't have to worry with looking wash out or pale and the formula of satin finish isn't drying to my lips

If you like this kind of blog post do let me know, coz I do have a few looks to share with you.

Comments

Popular Posts