Work Makeup Tag by Fifiliciousify


Happy New Year Guys!

So I was recently tag by the lovely Fifi of Fifiliciousify on her instagram. She actually did a video with the stylish Luinfaniel on their youtube channels but since I don't do videos I will be doing this tag on my blog instead..... until I find my freaking guts then maybe some day I might just do a video but who knows? 

So let's begin:

1. Makeup for work: yes or no? 
Yes, Yes and Yes
I did a Face of the Day #1 - Everyday to Work Makeup read it there if you are interested, I've used a few simple products that don't require so much effort.

2. How much time do you spend putting on makeup before work each day? 
Depending on my mood, it can range from 5-30min, if blending eyeshadow was on my list maybe it would take me 15-20min and if that day was all about Wing Eyeliner you know I need to take my time to perfect it!

3. Eyeshadows: yes or no? 
Yes, 1 neutral shade is the best to keep it minimal. I actually use MAC Eyeshadow in Satin Taupe all over my eye lid and blend it out and matte shade for under the brow highlight. Simple and easy, definitely no fuss.

4. How do you touch up your makeup at work? 
I usually don't touch up unless it's lipstick but if I really need to freshen up I will just spray some Caudalie Elixir Spray. I do sometimes have to work under the hot sun and this is the best at freshening up my makeup at work.


5. What is your favorite lip product for work? 
I usually go for Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Plum or MAC Lipsticks in Plumful.

6. What is your rule of thumb for work appropriate makeup? 
Natural makeup look is the way to go and its more of a safe zone, you definitely don't want to look like you are ready to take the dance floor. 
But it also depends on the industry you are working in, as for me I work in a construction company most of my colleague don't care about their makeup but I like to put some a bright lip every now and then just to add colors in the office. 

7. Your top "makeup for work" tip? 
Blending the heck out of your foundation is key to flawless finish without looking cakey by lunch time. Also if you take some time to blend the foundation well into your skin you will notice that it does last longer than usual and make sure you NEVER pile on the setting powder just lightly dust all over your face.

8. Nail polish: yes or no?
Yes. Why not? I used to have time and patience for nail polish but nowadays with 2 kids I forgot all about it. Again you don't want to be wearing a neon yellow nail but instead go with more "office appropriate" shades that is not too loud unless your boss is all about colors.

9. What is your favorite brand for "work appropriate makeup"? 
If you are the drugstore chic, I would say L'oreal Le Teint their foundation and lipsticks are very long lasting and value for money. If you are the high end lady I would say Hourglass, the ambient powder makes the face look fresh and radiant which is nice to have when after lunch time you are looking a little sluggish.

10. You have an event/date to attend after work. What are your go-to touch ups?
I would use my Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder to mattify my foundation, NARS creamy concealer to brighten up my face and Givenchy Le Rouge Lipstick. With that I am ready to hangout with my girlfriend when I am done with work.


This kinda "Tags" are actually fun and interesting to do, it made me think of the products I've used. If you like me to do more tags let me know I will be more than happy to do it.

Cheers

Comments

Popular Posts