Review : Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain

I always have high hopes for Revlon especially their foundations and lip products, which is why when they came out with something looking promising like this 
Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain 

This product retails for $20.90 at Watson's (there might be discount) comes in about 8 different shades to choose from. So this is also a highly requested product for me to review, I shall say this is one of those drugstore product that genuinely moisturize the lip and I am not kidding!



I would say when you first apply you might think it will go on uneven but once the product starts to settle on the lips you see how smooth and glossy finish it gives. Some how I actually like the finish despite hating lip gloss.

I did wore this for more that 8 hours while I was at work, with eating and drinking the gloss does fade away a little bit, I did reapply it after I had my lunch at work and throughout the day I can still see the product on lips but just not glossy but surprisingly there pigmentation is still visible.

(Left to Right - Parisian Passion, New York Scene, Barcelona Nights, India Intrigue)
India Intrigue
Barcelona Nights
New York Scene
Parisian Passion
Just to highlight that the shade Barcelona Nights and India Intrigue looks almost a like, even when apply to the lips. I do suggest you do some swatches but either one of the pinkish shade you buy it would be the same. And as for the claim on staining effect, I honestly don't see much of staining but normal lip color residual is what you will get.

But overall I do suggest that if you don't mind glossy and hydrating lips, this is definitely nice compare to wearing just a normal lip gloss. Also if you compare a normal lip gloss this is way pigmented and gentle to the lips. FTW!

Comments

Popular Posts