Spanking New Home by ED Interior - Renovation Works | Singapore

Hi Guys,

So finally! The house is ready and liveable! It’s been slightly over 5 months but we took a longer time to décor the house as both me and the husband are busy with work and looking after our 2 kids with no maid, you know what I mean. No matter what, we are truly happy with our five room HDB BTO home in Anchorvale Cove, yes it's a HDB and not a condo but people get mistaken as condo and the view from our home is just awesome to wake up to every morning.


The theme for our house is "Modern Scandinavian" (not sure if there is such a theme coz that just come to my head) also I am going with monochrome throughout the entire house and trying to keep it minimal as well since we are rushing to get the renovation works done quickly. I will be honest with you, the inspiration for the designs come mostly from the internet and ideas coming from here and there and some from our Interior Designer (ID). But for the most part we know exactly what we want and just told the ID of our requirements. 




Talking about requirements, due to so much delay to start the renovation works from the previous ID  we were not able to do any extensive work since we were pressing to move into the house. So we gotta change the whole plan to renovate the house with simple and practicable renovation works.


There are still a few items in the house that we are still working on like that empty wall next to the tv console. We are planning maybe to put up some Islamic decals or paintings or even the family photos this is a serious DIY that I want to do but you know? time is not always on my side but no matter what that is one of my mini projects.

To keep with the theme we installed track lights, cornice / coft lights and also some LED down lights are installed around the house and at the walk way.  We also manage to score a nice black ceiling fan which doesn’t have to cost a bomb. That made me happy coz someone insisted/recommended to get a Crestar fan and claim they are the only black ones in the market. Oh if you are wondering what brand? it’s Franco we bought it for $240+ without installation, I think most retailer carry them.

One of my favourite feature the our featured wall + TV console. It isn't cheap but I felt it was worth it.


We have a huge living space which combines a study area and since I wanted to separate out the study without making it look confined, so we decided to do a glass wall with powder coated aluminium frames for the study which is adjacent from the living room. The study room give me space to work and yet I can still see the outside without making the room look so confined. This may potentially be a home office / guest room, I am still working on this room.....

Please ignore the mess in the study.... we are still working on it.
As for the dining area is one of the family favourite place to hang out, I think the family love to hang out at the dining room compare to the living room since we can eat and chat, how convenient? I really love the dining room lights that we bought from Philips which are made from handcrafted glass and we have a simple dining table and ghost chairs which also another favourite item and price point was such a scored!


If you look next to the main door we built a shoe cabinet from floor to ceiling which also helps to conceal the ugly Electrical box. To me and my sisters, this shoe cabinet is just awesome for us to lay out all the shoes we owned hahahaha now you know why we need a huge shoe cabinet, right? As of now it is already full!


Moving along to the bedrooms, we didn't do much work but one of the essential item for the rooms are the build in wardrobe for both common and master bedroom.

Common Room
Master Bedroom
A lot of people have been asking about this PD door, it is definitely been around for sometime now and most new houses are using it. I really like the design and it saved so much space since our toilet are pretty tiny. PD Doors are not cheap compare to bi-fold doors but I still think its a good investment.

*Another item to take note please opt out of HDB internal doors, you can get it a much cheaper price and with better quality. But if you on tight budget opt for HDB door if you want but a few years down the road you might need to replace those low quality doors from HDB. Thats one of my advice.


For the most important part or shall I say the heart of the house is the KITCHEN! This where we spend most of our money building it, because we cook literally almost every day, we want something durable, low maintenance and storage space. The initial idea is to construct an industrial stainless steel kitchen but since stainless steel will cost more and prone to scratches we decide to skip all that and go with something that might look like stainless steel cabinet but with laminated wood and with black iquartz table top,


All cabinet doors comes with soft closure, we even have the pull out lada for our pantry with some pull up black glass cabinet door. And we also put up stainless steel backing throughout the entire kitchen which made life so much easier to clean up.




From the picture you notice we went all the way with space and leave no wall expose, even the backsplash is covered with stainless steel. Colors and material are chosen based on durability and low maintenance. But given if we had more time to deal with the kitchen back then I would consider hacking away the window between kitchen and service yard wall to make space for the kitchen but due to time constraint we decided not to.

And lastly is the toilet, there wasn't much work being done due to the delay and time constraint but time was on my side I would have done a little more with the toilets. But nonetheless, I am grateful with whatever we did so far for the house.

Common Toilet Shower Screen
We always wanted a bathtub and nice simple vanity for the master bedroom toilet. My husband is actually the one that so keen in getting the bathtub and to our surprise we spend less than $1000 for the tub and installation. Awesome!

Will share with you guys about the shop that we went to get Toilet and Kitchen accessories soon.

Vanity in Master Toilet
Bathtub - Master Toilet
And the duo that help us get this house renovated is none other than 
Alex and Eddie from ED Interior

Overall I am satisfied with their work and they have been the one helping us to make sure our renovation works are were expedite and knowing that we had no choice but to partially move into the house. They such an easy going guys to work with, even thou we meet a few challenges along the way they are always willing to extend their service to us. Very honest and genuine, should we need to do any rectification or defect they are very prompt with it. They are not perfect but they are always willing to help with clients need. 

Wah I make them sound so good ah, well I will be honest they are not perfect and you definitely can't find an ID that is perfect so it's best to set a realistic expectation out of them but I would say they are very reliable and prompt at updating and replying that's for sure. Because realiability these days are not easy to find.But since they are able to meet to all my request I would consider to be one of those reliable ones which is hard to come by these days.

I do recommend them, do ask them for quotation before making any decision and they are more than willing to give you a quote. If you have any constraints do talk to them, if you have big dreams the more you should talk to them.

You guys can contact Alex at 96676146 or Eddie at 90605206, they are very easy going guys that are great to work with.

Lastly, I need to do this disclaimer ah!

We are not sponsored, the reason why I did this is simply to share my experienced (as always what?!) and since they exceeded my expectation the more I need to share with you since the journey of engaging an ID can be very daunting at least this blog post can help you shed some light for you.

For all the recommendation I do for the I do not take any commission and I don't think they even know this blog post exist since they are not very "famous". For clients who engage them are usually by mouth to mouth referrals. 

And lastly this isn't gonna be the only blog post about the new house, I do have a few company to recommend and talk about not everything is good and everything is bad about them. So there will be another blog post after this. So stay tuned! 

Comments

Popular Posts