Review + Swatches + LOTD : ColourPop Eyeshadow


ok, I am still on this bandwagon with Colourpop, you if you missed my review on the lippe stix please click here. Now I am gonna review on their Super Shock Eyeshadow, that many claimed it's pigmentation and being very affordable. They have a sea of colours to choose from and yet again I don't know which shade to pick out so to make matters easy I decided to get this Megan Naik Collection since I love the shade in this collection.

Sadly one of the eyeshadow broke in the mail, despite being in bubble wrap but it's ok coz I did manage to re-pressed it into the pan and it's fixable.




This collection comes with 4 unique shades, named Lectra, Farah, Onai and Amira. I would say all of them are pigmentated and have a unique texture to the eyeshadow. When I swatched with my finger I can actually feel the eyeshadow texture in the pot feels very cushiony and soft. I think this is a unique feature to the usual eye shadow, which is also why it comes in a pot and were advised to keep it tight, I assumed in the long run it will dry up. But don't get me wrong it's still like the usual powder eyeshadow.

As for Lectra, a deep burgundy that I really love. It supposed to have some metallic shimmer to the finish, but I would say the metallic shimmer is really subtle when swatched and applied. I lightly use this for my crease shade which I really do love the look of it.

Farah is matte brown shade which is essential when you can use it for the crease for a smokey look in my opinion. But you must blend this out well in order for it to look more assembled for the crease. But overall this shade is a need since there is already 2 shimmery shade.

I am so glad that this collection comes with Onai, it's matte highlight shade and it supposed to have a blue white opalescent duo chrome in satin finish, but sadly I don't really see it but rather I see it being a creamy matte shade that is nice to use as a based for your eyeshadow. But it is also a bit chalky feeling when I applied and swatched.

Lastly is Amira, I believe this is the start of the show. Super pigmented and shimmery without the fall outs. This shade is like a rustic gold that have multi-dimension shade and it's best applied wet in my opinion or with a finger to get a colour paid off. It also depends on what is the based shade and this is like a topping for your best, the colour is really nice for layering but not on its own.



Where to get them? Colourpop does not ship to Singapore but you can use vpost, comgateway or shopandbox to get it shipped or there are a few Carousell sellers selling them too which is always good to know since more of them have it in stocks so no waiting game.

Overall the pigmentation is good for something affordable, I still do find the matte shade a little chalky and you definitely need to work a little more on the blending part. Will I buy more shades? Yes, I would especially those unique shades and their multi-colored and duo chrome shades. If you are those that are adventurous enough with eyeshadows why not try them out.

And lastly here are my overall look with this collection. The application I did was dry and I didn't want to intensify the shade for this look, but I am still happy with the result.




Do leave a comment for any question and feedback!

Comments

Popular Posts