Review : Real Techniques Bold Metals Collection - Essentials Brush Kit - 3 Brushes

Expectation very high for these brushes, they are meant for the higher end version of Real Techniques brushes. My first impression when holding the brush, it does feel very heavy, bristles are very soft and it does give you a feeling of good quality product. The shape of the handle is definitely unique and beautiful gold finish. I got this set from iherb.com for SGD69.05 excluding shipping and the price can be slightly steep, so I do not recommend if you are on the budget.

But I will leave you with a 1st timer $5 off code HAH453 when you shop at iherb.com




103 Angle Powder brush is the largest brush in their collection. It is supposed to blend out your contour and an all over the face setting powder.  The brush is really big, I do have an average size face but this is definitely a big brush for me. Having said that I think the brush is average, it’s not something you should replace the current brush and I still think it’s soft and dense at the same time. No doubt about it some of you might like it.


200 Oval Shadow brush is for applying eyeshadow to the lids and blending out the eye shadow. Another soft bristle brush that is compact in order to pack on the eyeshadow and then again I felt that this brush was a bit big for my eyelid. I would rather have the small tapered brush like the Zoeva 227 Soft Definer brush or MAC 217 Blending brush. Even if you take this Oval Shadow brush as blending it will be too dense so instead I use it blend out my concealer which is pretty alright. Again this, not something you need to run out the door to buy it.


300 Tapered Blush brush, on the other hand, claims on giving you good application of highlight and sculpting the face seamlessly. The tip if the brush gives a nice touch for powder highlighter and the angle sides are great for contouring the side of the face which I find it such a good cut on the brush. I would say this is the only legit brush that I truly like in this set/collection.



So if you read till the end of this blog you will know that I, don’t actually love the set and I don’t think you should be on your way to the store to get but if you want to collect these brushes for keepsake or if you want to try I would recommend 300 Tapered Blush brush, I’ve yet to try out the other brushes but I at the moment I am loving the current brushes that I am using so I don’t think I will reach for the bold metals anytime soon.



Rating:
2 / 5

Comments

Popular Posts