Review : Tried & Tested Revlon Colorstay 2-in1 Compact Makeup & Concealer (240 Medium Beige)


Revlon Singapore recently launched a new product that combined foundation and concealer in a compact. It retail for $30.90 at Watson's and come with selective shades to choose from. What made me want to pick it up is simply wanting to know if it is as good are the liquid version, since it is from the "Colorstay" range and it comes with a concealer and sponge applicator. The packaging is a plus point since it's more compact and comes with a mirror.



If you look at the foundation and concealer it actually doesn't look like how it suppose to be, with one swatch you can see the actual shade is lighter than it should be. This was rather confusing, so I do suggest you try out the tester before purchasing it.

There was another concern about the foundation, it was too many pink tones that were available at the point of purchase and I do hope they bring in more shade with a warm undertone. This 240 Medium Beige would have been the perfect shade in the liquid version but this was just too pink undertone.


Packaging was what draws to me with this product, it's 2 in 1, comes with a mirror and sponge applicator which in a form of compact just means you can do this on the go makeup conveniently. 



I did a test to see how it wears and I must say the foundation does wear decently on the skin, I don't see any creasing to my fine lines and feels light on the skin.

This photo was taken right after application, I did apply some bronzer and blush in order to make the shade of the foundation work. I still recommend you apply a corrector before the concealer if not it will give you a gray cast under the eye.

After 3 hours later, the foundation did not oxidize too much but somehow blend well with my skin tone.

Pros
- Compact packaging comes with a mirror.
- It works like the Revlon Colorstay Foundation (Liquid version)
- Good for Oily and Combination skin type.
- Coverage is buildable from light to heavy. You can sheer it out with a brush and build it with a beauty sponge.
- Foundation did last more than 5 hours, in this crazy humid weather

Cons
- Sponge applicator isn't the best, I highly recommend to use a foundation brush or sponge.
- Shade range is dissapointing.
- 240 Medium Beige is very pink under tone.
- Concealer is very sheer and shade is too light for medium skin tone.

For travelling, this compact is rather useful to carry and light, well it does do the job but not as great. I would buy for the compact and how is it can be carried around. Formulation-wise can be better and if this formulation can jump into the cushion compact would be awesome I supposed.

Rating:
3.5 / 5

XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts