Review & Haul : Kylie Lip Kit in Koko K and Posie K


This is a really an interesting purchase and review, very highly requested I supposed. The craze for this lip kit is like a mad chase of a commodity that every girl need in their life. But really I just wanted to know what the hype is all about actually and that's about it.

So let's check out what my opinion on these lip kit.

Firstly the packaging and branding are really good and they do a good job on packaging, love the simple black and white vibe to showcase the colors of each shade. The tube of the liquid lipsticks is also made with good quality, overall the packaging is good for the price you pay. But I do have a few things to say about the formulation of the liquid lipsticks.




Koko K and Posie K, in terms of the shade choice I keep to the "safe" shades which I feel suited to my yellow undertone skin and since I am not a fan of bold lips. Between the two my favorite is Posie K is a Mauve-Pink with purple undertone which you know it's my favorite shade and Koko K is a lighter Pinky nude which is not something that I would wear all the time but I think it will work well with a smokey eye.

As for the lip liners they are pretty nice in term of application is very smooth and not tugging, it's pigmented and creamy texture makes it easy to apply.




Is it comparable with other liquid lipsticks? Yes! Unfortunately, I feel there are other brands of liquid lipsticks that perform better in my opinion and this is just another liquid lipstick and nothing life changing.

Just to note that if you have never worn a liquid lipstick, it might be very drying for you. I suggest you prep your lips. Scrub and moisturize before using the Kylie liquid lipsticks.



I am going to start with a list of Pros and Cons based on my opinion:

Pros:
- Comes with a matching lip liner.
- Comes with a very nice packaging including the shipping box.
- The doe foe applicator is small and nice, good for getting around the corner of the lip.
- Shades are nice and can be worn with many types of skin tone.
- Online purchase & ship internationally.


Cons:
- The product smelled heavy of like fake chemically vanilla / cake scent. I really don't like it at all and it does linger for awhile before it goes away.
- You cannot buy both Lip Liner and Liquid Lipstick separately. 
- Not Buildable, it was really bad.
- No touch-up, you literally have to take off everything and re-apply.
- At the end of the day, it left with a crusty line on the inner side of the lip. Not cute at all.
- Formulation is so dry for a matte liquid lipstick. I can feel my lips cracking.
- Still a hassle wearing a liquid lipstick, not convenience.
- Koko K actually leaks out but Posie K was ok. (Photos below)

I really don't recommend you spending that kind of money and it's so hard to get since it can get sold out fast. I do hope Kylie Cosmetics can create better formulation. Comparing Kat Von D and Jeffery Star is so much better, their matte liquid lipsticks is gentle to the lips. This product is so over hyped just because is Kylie Jenner. You are ultimately paying for her name only in my opinion.
Rating:
1 / 5





Comments

Popular Posts