Luxury Review : Chanel Espadrilles Flats in Lambskin Leather.


Hi

I don't usually do a luxury review but it seems that friends do ask me about the Chanel Espadrilles that I recently purchased a few months back. I am going to give you a bit of story to how I finally get to purchase it, this shoe is not widely or easily available in Chanel stores in Singapore based on my experienced. Chanel stores in Singapore don't always stock them and if they do, it was never displayed you actually have to ask for it and sizes are limited.

The fact that I was eyeing for this shoe like 2 years ago and every now and then when I pop by the Chanel stores in Singapore, they are not available and I have to put on a waitlist. So I was really disappointed at first and almost gave up of waiting, apparently the store claim that they have a lot of people on waiting list. So I thought to forget about it and let's just get a personal shopper to buy it for me in Paris.





So while my sisters were away in Tokyo, she pops by a Chanel store and I got a text from my sister that espadrilles that I wanted were available in the colour and size that I wanted. I was so happy that she finally found it! And the best part they cost slightly less than in the local store, I think.


After conversion I paid about $980 and for the leather, but I think the price varies for the mesh, embellish or fabric.



After the first wear, the sole of the shoe was pretty hard, by the end of the day my sole was pretty sore, but there was no blister. It does feel more comfortable after each wear, so you definitely need to season the shoes. Since its more of a casual shoe I could literally wear it out more and it looks good with jeans or pants.

Pros:
- A Very versatile piece can wear it almost every day.
- Casual look.
- Comes in a variety of design and colours.
- Comfortable to wear.
- True to your regular shoe size.

Cons:
- Always not available in Singapore stores.
- To get it I suggest you find a trusted personal shopper to purchase it overseas.

Care Tips:
- Do not walk in the rain, it will eventually leave a watermark. Or protect it with leather coat protection if want to but I didn't.
- For cleaning, use a dry cloth to wipe off dirt or dust.
- Wear invisible socks to protect and hygiene purpose.



Comments

  1. I know it's an old post..but thank you for the review and tips. Just wondering did you buy it true to size? How is it holding up now that it has been 2 years..is it still comfy and fit nicely?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yasmin, Thanks for reading my blog. The shoe wears so well after so long. I bought true to my size no issue, in fact the longer you wear the shoe more comfy it gets.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks For Your Comment

Popular Posts