Review: Huda Beauty - Liquid Matte & Lip Contour (Free International Shipping to Singapore)


Hello, Everyone!

Let's cut to the chase, Huda Beauty launched their lip contour (lip liners) much earlier with all the rave I didn't get the chance to grab them but the moment I saw them available at Cult Beauty I had to grab them, if you don't know Cult Beauty does FREE international shipping that was a plus point.

And just a few weeks back Huda Beauty made an announcement that they will restock the Liquid Matte and there were now available on the Huda Beauty official website and grab a few of them.


The excitement was very high to get hold of them since previously they are widely available in Sephora Dubai. But all is good now that I finally got to try them out and experience the Huda Beauty for myself.

One of the first impression that I had when I got them is the Liquid Matte packaging awesome! Love the lips biting design on the box packaging coz that is how some of the Instagram people did their swatches and if I am not wrong Huda was the first few who did it.

As usual, I will give you the breakdown of pros and cons to what I think of both products.

Lip Contours in shade Bombshell, Trophy Wife, and Icon.




Pros:
- Packaging was sleek and easy to identified.
- Fuss Free packaging, very straight forward.
- Shades were very pigmented.
- The formulation was cream, easy for application.
- For every lip contour shade, there is a liquid matte to match.
- Lip contours and Liquid Mattes are sold separately, which you can always mix and match, to create your own look.
- It's transfer proof.



Cons:
- Require sharpening, I wish they could make those twist up and made my life a lot easier.

Rating:
4 / 5

Liquid Mattes in shade Trendsetter, Trophy Wife, and Icon.



Pros:
- Love the box packaging, definitely a plus point and different from any other packaging. Shade on the box is almost true to color.
- Very pigmented, shade might have slightly differed when to apply to the lips.
- Most shades are universally flattering on any skin tone in my opinion.
- Tube feels heavy, almost luxury and well made.
- Feels light on the lips despite being a matte liquid lipstick.
- Does not dry out the lips.



Cons:
- I found the formulation a little runny for shade Icon but maybe that is why its light on the lips but sadly I spill some of the Icon shade as it literally spills out of the tube which made me worry that I might topple the tube.
- After eating, I do see the lips fading in an unflattering finish which is not really nice so I do have to make sure I touch up.
- Sadly it does not transfer proof, you can definitely see the transfer on my coffee cup.

Rating:
3.5 / 5

Comments

Popular Posts