Review : Zahara - Breathable Nail Polish and Halal Nail Polish Remover


Since the review of the Zahara All Day Matte Liquid Lipstick, I became a little more curious about the nail polish collection. The selection of shades is beautiful and wearable.

The formulation claims to be breathable and suitable for Muslimah to take wudhu with, if you are not was-was by all means use if not they also sells their Halal Nail Polish remover that is free from alcohol and acetone which I assume is gentle on the nail and cuticle.



So I tried out two shade which is Modesty Muse (Grey) and Simply Covered (Nude), I also get a lot of compliment when I wear Modesty Muse, as the grey is nice contrast my olive skin tone and as for the Simply Covered I was expecting it to look nude but it was more to pinkish tone on my nails instead.

Modesty Muse

Simply Covered

My break down review:

Pros:
- Love the shade, get a lot of compliments.
- Packaging is nice and simple.
- Only need 2 coats for an opaque finish.
- The brush application was nice and easy to apply.
- No strong nail polish compare to regular nail polish
- Wudhuk friendly



Cons:
- You can't put a layer of top coat to give a better finish, as it won't be breathable for wudhu.
- It does take a longer time to completely dry since you can't apply top coat.
- It applies very streakily for Simply Covered.

Overall it can be a hit or missed with the nail polish but then I don't know if this streaky issue is for certain shades. But no doubt I love Modesty Muse in terms of formulation and shade.

Modesty Muse
Rating: 3.5 / 5
Simply Covered
Rating:1 / 5


Of course with every application, we also need some removal of nail polish. And I do love the simple system with the nail polish remover. Basically just dip your finger in the jar and wriggle it a little bit for about 5 seconds and all polishes are removed from the nail.



One of the highlights of the nail polish is the formulation is made without alcohol and acetone. That just means more care for nails! That is definite plus point...

Rating:
5 / 5

Comments

Popular Posts